- Postclypeus brown with a black stripe along anterior margin.
- Hindlobe of prothorax extended into a point on each side.
- Pterothoracic horns about 0.5 mm long, projecting forward and slightly outward.
- Process on dorsum of S10 not bifid.
- Cercus about equal in length to lower appendage.
- Labrum light brown with a dark brown spot in center; postclypeus brown with a black stripe along anterior margin.
- Midlobe of prothorax with a pair of short horns on dorsum.
- Hindlobe of prothorax extended into a long point on each side.
- Pterothoracic horns consisting of barely raised bumps.
- S8 with a small ventral spine.
Male abdomen length: 41.0
Male hind wing length: 22.0
Female abdomen length: 35.0
Female hind wing length: 23.0
Local distribution: Eastern lowlands.
Habitat: Ponds, swamps and slow streams in forest.
Species range: Ecuador and Peru
Updated: 8 September 2011