- Small blue postocular spots.
- Thorax blue to green with black stripes.
- Abdomen with S3-6 yellow with black on dorsum, S8 blue with black dorsum, S9 all blue.
- S10 with down-curved dorsal horn.
- Appenadages in lateral view appearing hooked.
- A pair of rounded dorsal horns on prothorax.
- One color form like male, another form with thorax and abdomen dull green to gray with black on dorsum.
- Teneral: thorax lime green.
Male abdomen length: 18.0
Male hind wing length: 9.0-10.0
Habitat: Sunny ponds and lakes.
Species range: Mexico, Guatemala to Panama, South America
Updated: 18 March 2010