- Labrum and postclypeus blue, lower face marked with blue.
- Blue postocular spots.
- Extensive blue on prothorax and pterothorax.
- S2 mostly blue with a black saddle mark on side.
- S3-6 with wide blue triangles on dorsum, S7 with a basal blue ring, rarely with a narrow triangle.
- S8 blue on dorsum and upper half of side, S9 blue on dorsum, but with less blue on side than S8, S10 black.
- Antenodal cells 3/3.
- Upper appendage in profile as long as lower and curved downward.
- Lower appendage in profile shorter than tall with a single lobe like A. pocomana.
- Pale colors brown in young adults, turning blue with age.
- Labrum blue, postclypeus black with blue markings, becoming all black with age.
- S3-4 or 5 with a pale dorsal triangle.
- Dorsum of S8 all or mostly pale, dorsum of S9 varying from all black to mostly black with a longitudinal wide blue stripe, which may be widened across posterior end.
- S10 all black.
Male abdomen length: 28.0
Male hind wing length: 21.0
Female abdomen length: 26.0
Female hind wing length: 22.0-23.0
Local distribution: Eastern and western slopes at 900 - 1100 m.
Habitat: Very small streams and spring trickles in forest and open.
Species range: Ecuador
Updated: 13 December 2011