- Eyes blue below.
- Pale colors mostly purple on head, upper thorax and abdomen, lighter blue in young individuals.
- Sides of abdomen with brown streaks.
- Purple-blue on S8-9 with uneven lower margin.
- Wings yellowish.
- Dorsum of S8-9 pale.
- A dark dash on side of S8.
- A pale marking within the fork of the anterior carina.
Male abdomen length: 26.0
Male hind wing length: 18.0
Female abdomen length: 26.0
Female hind wing length: 18.0
Habitat: Isolated marshy ponds and small streams; more in the open than in forest.
Species range: Mexico to Panama, South America
Updated: 20 March 2010