- Face black, postocular spots purple.
- Antehumeral stripe purple.
- Mesepimeron black with a posterior small purple triangle.
- Metepimeron and metepisternum purple-blue with a narrow black stripe over the suture.
- S3 with a purple dorsal triangle.
- S4-7 black.
- S8-9 purple on dorsum. Antenodal cells 4/3.
Male abdomen length: 31.0
Male hind wing length: 22.0
Female abdomen length: 29.0
Female hind wing length: 23.0
Local distribution: Pacific slope at 1000 m.
Habitat: Small streams in open, disturbed areas.
Species range: Central and South America
Updated: 19 May 2009