- Labrum and postclypeus black.
- Eyes blue below.
- Pale markings on thorax and S8-9 purple.
- S3 with a dorsal triangle one fourth the segment's length; dorsum of S4-7 black. Immatures with pale colors blue.
- Pale markings on head and thorax blue, becoming dark and obscure with age. Labrum and postclypeus black.
- Eyes blue-gray below.
- S2 with a blue dorsal spot; S3 with or without an elongate dorsal triangle; S4-7 black on dorsum.
- Dorsum of S8-9 black with a little blue at posterior end; S10 black.
Male abdomen length: 27.0
Male hind wing length: 20.0
Female abdomen length: 27.0-28.0
Female hind wing length: 21.0-22.0
Local distribution: Eastern lowlands.
Habitat: Small streams and spring seeps in forest.
Species range: Ecuador, Peru and Brazil
Updated: 27 July 2013