- Pale markings on head and thorax green.
- S3-6 orange with black dorsum, S7 black with bue tip on underside, S8-9 mostly sky blue, S9 with black at tip on dorsal side.
- Dorsal horns of S10 short and rounded.
- Teneral: thorax mostly orange, abdomen variously marked.
- One color form similar to male, others with olive face and top of head black.
- Thorax and abdomen olive-brown with black on dorsum.
Habitat: Isolated ponds and lakes in sun.
Species range: USA, Mexico, Guatemala to Panama, South America
Updated: 14 February 2014