- Labrum, face, and top of thorax teal.
- Sides of thorax purple-blue above, sky blue below, with black stripes on dorsal carina and humeral suture.
- Abdomen black with 3/4 of S3 blue on top, S8 half blue on top, and S9 all blue on top.
- Upper appendage long and forked with minutely hooked tip.
- Lower appendage short and curved inward.
- Dorsum of S1 black only on basal half.
- Dorsum of S8 blue on basal 2/3, a pair of blue spots on top of S9.
Male abdomen length: 25.0
Male hind wing length: 18.0
Female abdomen length: 24.0
Female hind wing length: 18.0
Habitat: Quiet pools in streams and rivers.
Species range: USA, Mexico, Guatemala to Panama, South America
Updated: 2 April 2014