- Labrum black; postclypeus and postocular spots gun metal blue.
- Underside of head black with a very narrow pale stripe along eye margin.
- Antehumeral stripe gun metal blue; pale stripes on side of thorax purple-blue.
- Wings brown, antenodal cells 5, 4.
- S1 mostly blue, S2 with blue on dorsum and a line on lower side, S3-7 all black, S8-9 blue on upper half, S10 black.
- Lower appendage bilobed, the upper lobe strongly developed and pointing upward.
- Labrum and postclypeus black, a brown mark on eye margin below antenna, postocular spots brown.
- Underside of head all black.
- Antehumeral stripe brown, broken at posterior end.
- S1 with a blurry beige patch on side, S2-10 totally black.
- Ovipositor longer than S10, but shorter than cerci.
Male abdomen length: 26.0
Male hind wing length: 19.0
Female abdomen length: 25.0
Female hind wing length: 21.0
Local distribution: Eastern lowlands.
Habitat: Quiet pools in large slow rivers.
Species range: Ecuador
Updated: 18 February 2014