- Face mostly black, with blue postocular spots.
- A narrow purple-blue antehumeral stripe.
- Mesepisternum all black.
- Metepisternum and metepimeron sky blue with a black stripe over the second suture.
- S2 black except for a blue dorsal spot.
- S3-7 all black. S8-10 blue on dorsum.
- Antenodals 3/3.
- Wings tinted amber.
- Upper appendage equal to lower in length.
- Lower appendage 2-lobed, the lower lobe sharply pointed in profile.
Male abdomen length: 26.0
Male hind wing length: 18.0
Female abdomen length: 24.0
Female hind wing length: 19.0
Local distribution: Eastern lowlands.
Habitat: Marshes, open swamps, and small streams in sunny areas.
Species range: Ecuador
Updated: 26 July 2013