- Eyes blue.
- Thorax brown with numerous yellow-green stripes, including two longitudinal stripes on dorsum.
- S7 mostly cream yellow.
- Lower appendages much shorter than uppers.
- Mesepisternum dark brown with two pale stripes.
- Vertex with a pair of short, rounded horns arising behind the lateral ocelli, which do not surpass the posterior margin of the vertex.
- Posterior margin of occipital ridge slightly convex.
Body length: 48.0-50.0
Local distribution: Atlantic lowlands.
Habitat: Small forest streams and spring seeps.
Species range in Middle America: Costa Rica, South America
Male abdomen length: 39
Female abdomen length: 42
Female hindwing length: 37
Updated: 31 October 2008