- Extensive blue-gray markings on face, eyes blue.
- Thorax mostly yellow with dark brown dorsum and a yellow antehumeral stripe.
- Abdomen black with bold cream-white bands.
- Upper appendages white.
- Eyes black.
- Top of thorax dark brown with a narrow dull yellow antehumeral stripe in center and a poorly defined stripe above humeral suture.
- Basal one third of S3-7 each with a pale basal band.
- Cerci white.
Body length: 42.0-44.0
Local distribution: Pacific slope at 50 - 400 m.
Habitat: Slow-flowing forest streams.
Species range in Middle America: Mexico, Guatemala to Panama
Male abdomen length: 31
Female abdomen length: 32
Female hindwing length: 27
Updated: 4 April 2008