- Labrum and face red, top rear of head black.
- Thorax with pale center stripe.
- Abdomen orange, unmarked.
- Inferior appendage pointed.
- Labrum and face orange-brown, top rear of head black.
- Top of thorax with pale center line.
- Prothorac horns minute, mesostigmal tubercles absent.
Size: Very small
Body length: 23.0-25.0
Local distribution: Pacific lowlands to 600 m.
Habitat: River flood pools, quiet pools in streams, artificial ponds.
Species range in Middle America: USA, Mexico, Guatemala to Panama, South America
Male abdomen length: 17
Female abdomen length: 18
Female hindwing length: 13
Updated: 7 March 2007