- Labrum black, top of head and thorax black, abdomen all red-orange.
- A black stripe on mesepisternum.
- Appendages short and not pointed.
- Mostly light brown.
- Prothoracic horns absent, but mesostigmal tubercles large.
- Top of head black with a metallic shine.
Body length: 24.0
Local distribution: Atlantic slope to 600 m; southern Pacific slope at 200 - 300 m.
Habitat: Marshy pasture along a stream in open area.
Species range in Middle America: Mexico, Guatemala to Panama, South America
Male abdomen length: 18
Female abdomen length: 18
Female hindwing length: 13
Updated: 10 August 2010