- Labrum, face and anterior of eyes brick-red, rear of head black, underside half black half pale.
- Side of thorax red-brown, carina black.
- Abdomen red-orange at base and tip, black in middle.
- Wings lightly tinted with orange, pseudostigma brownish-black.
- Labrum and postclypeus tan, frons orange-brown, rear of head black, underside half black half pale.
- Thorax orange-brown with yellow-green shading, carina black.
- Abdomen with S1-4 orange-brown shading to black at tip, S5-6 brown shading to black at tip with black on dorsum, S7-10 mostly black.
- Wings clear, pseudostigma brown.
Body length: 35.0-36.0
Local distribution: Atlantic lowlands.
Habitat: Lagunas with some forest border.
Species range in Middle America: Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, and Costa Rica
Male body length: 35-36
Male abdomen length: 28-30
Male hindwing length: 18-19
Female body length: 36
Female abdomen length: 29
Female hindwing length: 19
Updated: 12 August 2010