- Labrum red, top rear of head with pale postocular spots.
- Top of thorax pale orange with narrow black center stripe, side of thorax unmarked.
- Abdomen red with dorsum of central segments black.
- Upper appendage short and rounded.
- Lower appendage much longer than upper with a small hook at tip.
- Not seen:
- Prothoracic horns minute or absent.
- Rear of head pale.
- Top of thorax with a black center stripe.
Body length: 31.0
Local distribution: Lowlands of Atlantic and southern Pacific slopes.
Habitat: Temporary pools and permanent lagunas, near forest.
Species range in Middle America: Belize, Costa Rica
Male body length: 31
Male abdomen length: 25
Male hindwing length: 16
Updated: 12 August 2010