- Face bright yellow.
- Large blue postocular spots.
- Sides of thorax blue.
- S8-9 blue.
- upper appendages elongate compared with Argia.
- Face mostly pale, eyes red brown, top of head black with blue teardrop-shaped postocular spots.
- Thorax black with blue on sides, ble or green antehumeral stripe.
- Dorsum of abdomen black; S8-9 with blue at base; S10 blue on top.
Body length: 32.0
Local distribution: Atlantic lowlands.
Species range in Middle America: USA, Mexico, Guatemala to Panama, South America
Male abdomen length: 22
Female abdomen length: 22
Female hindwing length: 15
Updated: 7 March 2007