- Thorax yellow-green in lower half, black in upper half.
- Abdomen mostly yellow with limited black dorsal markings.
- Dorsal horn on S10 straight and forked.
- Lacking prothoracic horns.
- Thorax cream to gray-green with black dorsal stripe. abdomen pale in lower half, top changing from pale to black with age.
- Teneral: mostly orange with dorsum of S6-9 partly black.
Body length: 22.0-24.0
Local distribution: Pacific slope from 50 - 1100 m; Atlantic slope at 500 - 600 m.
Habitat: Isolated ponds in sun.
Species range in Middle America: USA, Mexico, Guatemala to Panama, South America
Male abdomen length: 18
Female abdomen length: 17-19
Female hindwing length: 11-12
Updated: 7 March 2007