- Small blue postocular spots.
- Thorax blue to green with black stripes.
- Abdomen with S3-6 yellow with black on dorsum, S8 blue with black dorsum, S9 all blue.
- S10 with down-curved dorsal horn.
- Appenadages in lateral view appearing hooked.
- A pair of rounded dorsal horns on prothorax.
- One color form like male, another form with thorax and abdomen dull green to gray with black on dorsum.
- Teneral: thorax lime green.
Body length: 21.0-23.0
Local distribution: Pacific slope from 50 - 1100 m; Atlantic slope from 200 - 600 m.
Habitat: Isolated ponds in sun.
Species range in Middle America: Mexico, Guatemala to Panama, South America
Male abdomen length: 18-19
Female abdomen length: 17
Female hindwing length: 11
Updated: 7 March 2007