- Labrum, face, and top of thorax teal.
- Sides of thorax purple-blue above, sky blue below, with black stripes on dorsal carina and humeral suture.
- Abdomen black with S3 3/4 blue on top, S8 half blue on top, and S9 all blue on top.
- Upper appendages long and forked with minutely hooked tip.
- Lower appendages short and curved inward.
- Dorsum of S1 black only on basal half.
- Dorsum of S8 blue on basal 2/3, a pair of blue spots on top of S9.
Body length: 30.0-32.0
Local distribution: Both slopes from lowlands to 600 m.
Habitat: Pools in small streams.
Species range in Middle America: USA, Mexico, Guatemala to Panama, South America
Male abdomen length: 27-28
Female abdomen length: 27
Female hindwing length: 20
Updated: 7 March 2007