- Mostly sky blue.
- Thorax with black on humeral suture and dorsal carina.
- S1-5 mostly blue above, S5-6 blue at base with more blue extending onto underside, S8-9 all blue.
- Legs pale with black line on outside.
- Labrum pale, postclypeus black.
- A pale bar between postocular spots.
- Thorax and abdomen mostly tan to green-brown with black on dorsum.
- Legs pale with black lines on outer side.
- Dorsum of S1 and S8-9 all black.
Body length: 31.0-33.0
Local distribution: Both slopes from 600 to 1400 m.
Habitat: Ponds in sunny areas.
Species range in Middle America: USA, Mexico, Guatemala to Panama, South America
Male abdomen length: 26
Female abdomen length: 27
Female hindwing length: 20
Updated: 7 March 2007