- Dorsum of thorax blue with a narrow black line on carina.
- Extensive pale areas bordering underside of eyes.
- Brown streaks on sides of S3-6.
- Pattern on head as in male, except postclypeus all black.
- Antehumeral stripe a little more than half the width of mesepisternum.
- S3 with a long blue triangle on dorsum, S4-7 with a blue basal ring, S8 all blue on dorsum, dorsum of S9 with a blue middle stripe, S10 black.
Body length: 34.0
Local distribution: Southern Pacific lowlands to 700 m, Peninsula de Osa.
Habitat: Small streams in forest, especially where water flows down rock walls.
Species range in Middle America: Costa Rica
Male body length: 34
Male abdomen length: 26-27
Male hindwing length: 20
Female body length: 34
Female abdomen length: 26
Female hindwing length: 22
Updated: 21 August 2012