- Head with labrum blue, postclypeus black, face anterior to antennae blue, postocular spots present with a pair of small spots between them, underside black with eyes bordered by a pale streak.
- Antehumeral stripe about half the width of mesepisternum.
- Dorsum of S3-7 blue on basal 4/5, dorsum of S8-9 all blue, S10 black.
- Antenodals 3-3, stigma as wide as long.
- Cercus slightly longer than paraproct, which is similar to Argia occulata.
Body length: 35.0
Local distribution: Southern Pacific to 700 m.
Habitat: Small forest streams.
Species range in Middle America: Costa Rica
Male body length: 34
Male abdomen length: 28
Male hindwing length: 20
Updated: 21 February 2013