- Larger than other red-eyed species.
- Top of thorax with metallic red reflectance.
- Top of S7 mostly blue.
- Labrum partly dark metallic.
- Postocular spots tiny, equal to anterior ocellus in size.
- A strong black stripe on metaplearal suture.
- Side of S10 mostly black on lower half.
Body length: 44.0
Local distribution: Atlantic slope at 800 - 1200 m.
Habitat: Small streams in forest.
Species range in Middle America: Costa Rica
Female abdomen length: 29-32
Female hindwing length: 24-26
Updated: 22 November 2011