- Raised bumps in front of antennae covered by blue.
- Mesepimeron and sides of S2 all black or with only a small blue spot.
- Blue triangles on dorsum of S3-4. S5-6 black with only a basal blue ring.
- Wings remain clear in older individuals.
- Pale area on back of head bordering eye is U-shaped with ends departing from margin.
- Antehumeral stripe brown, not blue.
- Black stripe on metapleural suture.
- Underside of thorax with large black mark.
- In profile, mesostigmal tubercles taller than rear lobe of prothorax.
- Lower side of S9 with blue area below central black stripe.
Body length: 35.0-37.0
Local distribution: Pacific lowlands to 300 m.
Habitat: Small streams in forest.
Species range in Middle America: Costa Rica
Updated: 22 November 2011