- Eyes blue below.
- Pale colors mostly purple on head, upper thorax and abdomen, lighter blue in young individuals.
- Sides of abdomen with brown streaks.
- Purple-blue on S8-9 with uneven lower margin.
- Wings yellowish.
- Dorsum of S8-9 pale.
- A dark dah on side of S8.
- Pale marking within fork of anterior carina.
Body length: 29.0-34.0
Local distribution: Both slopes from lowlands to 700 m.
Habitat: Isolated marshy ponds and small streams, more in the open than in forest.
Species range in Middle America: Mexico, Guatemala to Panama, South America
Male abdomen length: 25
Female abdomen length: 24
Female hindwing length: 18
Updated: 28 March 2008