- Pale markings dull purple-blue.
- Top of abdomen mostly pale.
- Small or no pale markings between postocular spots.
- Antenodal 3 in both wings.
- Top of S8 all pale, lower half black.
- Top of S9 with two black marks at base.
Body length: 34.0-37.0
Local distribution: Both slopes from lowlands to 800 m.
Habitat: Spring seeps and small trickles, usually in sunny areas.
Species range in Middle America: Mexico, Guatemala to Panama, South America
Male abdomen length: 27
Female abdomen length: 28
Female hindwing length: 23
Updated: 28 March 2008