- Eyes with green reflectance below.
- Pale colors usually purple or dark blue.
- Purple-blue on S8-9 with lower margin even.
- Lower sides of thorax and tail often sky blue in younger individuals.
- Wings yellowish.
- Dorsum of S8-9 all pale.
- No dark dash on side of S8.
- No pale mark inside anterior fork of dorsal carina.
- Mesostigmal tubercles as high as rear lobe of pronotum.
Body length: 31.0-34.0
Local distribution: Both slopes from lowlands to 600 m.
Habitat: Small to medium clear streams in both open and forested areas.
Species range in Middle America: Mexico, Guatemala to Panama
Male abdomen length: 28-29
Female abdomen length: 25
Female hindwing length: 19
Updated: 28 March 2008