- Pale colors purple instead of blue.
- Mesepimeron black with at most a small pale blotch.
- A small pale triangle only on dorsum of S3.
- S4-7 with a pale ring at base or all black.
- Top of S8-9 purple.
- Hindwing with 3 antenodal cells.
- Three antenodal cells in hindwing.
Body length: 33.0-37.0
Local distribution: Both slopes from lowlands to 1200 m.
Habitat: Sunny areas along riffly streams and rivers.
Species range in Middle America: Guatemala to Panama, South America
Male abdomen length: 30
Female abdomen length: 29
Female hindwing length: 21
Updated: 28 March 2008