- Eyes red, thorax purple-red metallic.
- Dorsum of S1-6 and 8-10 blue. Dorsum of S7 variable, often restricted to a basal blue ring.
- Labrum partly dark metallic.
- Postocular spots much larger than anterior ocellus.
- Black stripe on metaplearal suture incomplete or absent.
Body length: 36.0-38.0
Local distribution: Both slopes to 700 m.
Habitat: Small to large rivers with shallow riffles in both forest and open areas.
Species range in Middle America: Honduras to Panama, South America
Male abdomen length: 31
Female abdomen length: 27
Female hindwing length: 22
Updated: 28 March 2008