- Wing tips smoky.
- Red patch on hindwing pointed.
- Lower appendage curved upward.
- Stigma present, but may be small and pale.
- Thoracic markings metallic green to very dark.
- Postclypeus tan and black.
- Wings can be dark in Atlantic lowlands.
Body length: 44.0-47.0
Local distribution: Lowlands of both slopes to about 200 m.
Habitat: Medium streams at 50-200 m in open areas.
Species range in Middle America: USA, Mexico to Costa Rica
Male abdomen length: 38
Female abdomen length: 32
Female hindwing length: 28
Updated: 7 August 2009