- Frons with black T-shaped mark.
- Thorax orange-brown, metepimeron with a faint wide green stripe, mesepimeron with a yellow-blue stripe, mesepisternum with a blue stripe that widens posteriorly.
- Legs pale orange-brown, tibiae barely darkened at tips.
- Abdomen with S1 orange-brown, unmarked; S2-3 with strong blue markings, black on dorsum; S4-10 mostly black with little blue.
- Wings clear in basal half, shaded with brown in distal half.
Body length: 58.0
Local distribution: Atlantic slope at 400 m.
Habitat: Dry spring seep in forest.
Species range in Middle America: Costa Rica
Female body length: 58
Female abdomen length: 45
Female hindwing length: 42
Updated: 17 November 2011