- Thorax green.
- Abdomen dark brown with green markings.
- Black T-spot on top of frons.
- Face bright green.
- Larger than C. adnexa, with abdomen 50-64 mm.
- Distinct T-mark on top of frons.
- Abdomen mostly dark brown, dorsum of S8 and anterior half of S9 black.
- Abdomen 54-64 mm, much larger than C. adnexa.
Size: Very large
Body length: 73.0
Local distribution: Lowlands on both slopes to at least 500 m.
Habitat: Small forest streams.
Species range in Middle America: USA, Mexico, Guatemala to Panama, South America
Male abdomen length: 50
Female abdomen length: 55
Female hindwing length: 55
Updated: 7 March 2007