- Thorax and base of abdomen lime green, rest of abdomen brick red.
- Frons dark red-brown without markings.
- Prominent, projecting genital lobe.
- No T-mark on top of frons.
- Thorax green, abdomen brick red without dark markings.
- Large, abdomen 53-55 mm.
Size: Very large
Body length: 73.0-75.0
Local distribution: Lowlands on both slopes up to about 300 m.
Habitat: Small forest streams.
Species range in Middle America: Mexico, Belize, Costa Rica to Panama, South America
Male abdomen length: 51
Female abdomen length: 54
Female hindwing length: 51
Updated: 7 March 2007