- Leaves simple, alternate, serrate, glabrous.
- With stipules.
- Leaves distichous, lateral veins curving strongly upward near margin.
- Leaves spiraled, large and oblanceolate
- Medium to large yellow flowers with 5 petals.
- Fruit : 1-several black fruitlets on a red receptacle or a capsule with winged seeds.
Diagnosis: Shrubs and trees, with stipules, leaves alternate, serrate. 1. Understory treelets, leaves distichous, lateral veins strongly curve upward near margin, with parallel intersecondary veins, blade narrow elliptic, yellow flowers (Ouratea). 2. Large trees of lowland rain forest, large persistent leaf-like stipules, large oblanceolate leaves spiraled and bunched at twig tips, large yellow flowers on terminal inflorescences, saplings unbranched.
|Celastraceae||: orange layer in bark, lateral veins not strongly curved upward.
|Flacourtiaceae||: lateral veins not strongly curved upward, without parallel intersecondary veins.
|Sapotaceae||: with white latex, without stipules, margin entire.
|Ulmaceae||: leaf upperside with scratchy hairs.
Diversity: Total: 3 genera, 4 species. Trees: 2 genera, 3 species.