- Leaves simple, alternate, distichous, glabrous, crenate or entire.
- Margin crenate, leaves dry black, catkin-like inflorescences: Calatola.
- Flowers on axillary catkin (Calatola) or opposite petiole (Citronella).
- Fruit with fleshy rind and one seed.
- Walnut-sized seed with reticulate ridging in Calatola.
Diagnosis: Trees, without stipules, leaves simple, alternate, distichous, serrate or entire. 1. Leaves serrate, petiole not distinct from twig, leaves dry black. 2. Leaf entire, fleshy, dark green, twigs smooth, inflorescence arises opposite petiole.
Diversity: Total: 2 genera, 2 species. Trees: 2 genera, 2 species.