- Leaves opposite, odd-pinnate, leaflets serrate.
- With stipules, stipels on rachis.
- Leaflets oblong, blue-white below, with more than 10 lateral veins.
- Flowers small, without petals, 10-12 stamens, separate pistils, large axillary inflorescences.
- Fruit a ring of up to six pointed follicles.
Diagnosis: Trees of secondary forest and light gaps, with free stipules and interpetiolar ridge, leaves opposite, odd-pinnate, the rachis with stipels, leaflets serrate, oblong with many short lateral veins, pale below.
Local distribution: Cloud forest and Atlantic slope rain forest.
Diversity: Total: 1 genera, 3 species. Trees: 1 genus, 3 species.
Comments: One species is a common light gap colonist in the high cloud forest. Recent studies suggest that this family may belong in the Cunoniaceae.