- Leaves simple, alternate, entire, and spiraled.
- Underside very pale and secondary veins inconspicuous.
- Small deciduous stipules.
- Aromatic odor.
- White flowers with 6-7 free petals on terminal inflorescences.
- Fruit with several stalked fruitlets.
Diagnosis: Cloud forest trees, aromatic odor, with deciduous stipules, leaves simple, alternate, entire with blunt to rounded tip, blade notably whitish below, secondary veins obscure, leaf with a peppery taste.
Diversity: Total: 1 genus, 1 species. Trees: 1 genus, 1 species.