- Leaves simple, opposite, entire.
- Without stipules or interpetiolar ridge.
- Blades narrowly elliptic to oblanceolate with long petioles.
- Flowers with four linear petals fused at base, two short stamens.
- Fruits are drupes, yellow or purple-black.
Diagnosis: Trees, without stipules, leaves simple, opposite, without interpetiolar ridge, blades often narrow elliptic to oblanceolate with long petioles, often with fluted trunks.
Diversity: Total: 2 genera, 3 species. Trees: 2 genera, 2 species.